Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Noah's Ark Water Park - Day 1

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am the adventurous type. I am game for just about anything, except food....just one place that I am not very adventurous, although I will try most things once, not always, most of the time. On the other hand, Morgan is not. Naturally, I have a hard time identifying with this non-adventurous type. I can certainly respect trying something once and deciding that you don't like it, but to flat out say no without even considering trying it, well, is very difficult for me to understand being so closed minded. Morgan also reminds me a lot of myself at her age. She talks a big story, but when the time comes, she's just full of hot air! So, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed that she flat out refused to go down the kiddie slides in the toddler pool at Noah's Ark. Now, she tells me she doesn't like going fast....what?!?! I am perplexed, where does she get this extreme attitude from? Certainly, not from me, uh-umm, the other half perhaps? Here is where we were yesterday:




See that turtle guy in the middle of the picture? On it's back side is a small slide (smaller than playgrounds). Refused! Absolutely, refused! No matter how much I bribed her, no way, no how! I finally gave up.....for awhile anyway. To my surprize, we ventured over to the wave pool, when it was not on at the moment - 10 min on, 10 min off - and when it turned on, Morgan loved it! It was her favorite thing to do. We did this most of the day. Here is a picture of that:




Addy went with us too. Although we managed to get her to sleep most of the time we were there, she sat in the zero entry part of the kiddie pool for a little while and loved splashing the water. She seemed to enjoy the day as well.

At the end of the day, we had just had our last "ride" in the wave pool when Morgan and I were heading back to grandma and grandpa and addy, I told her that they wouldn't let us leave until everyone had tried a slide. I picked her up and ran over to the kiddie pool, up the turtle and before she could protest down the slide with me! I'm mean, yes, I know, but how do you help a child break down those silly barriers? Well, she told me it was too fast and she didn't like it. Knowing that as a child that is something I would say, b/c I didn't want my parents to have any satisfaction in the fact that I enjoyed something they pressed me to do, I am sure she liked it - even if just a little. We plan on going back today -if it gets warm enough. We have a buy one day, get one free thing. I'll let you know if we do go!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, Morgan probably gets this non-adventurous attitude from her Daddy! Although, Grandma is bit adventurous - remember the snow tubing?????

Hope you're having a great and relaxing time!

Love,
Grandma Bauer (Cindy)