Friday, August 29, 2008

Noah's Ark Water Park - Day 2 & Deer Park

Since we had a 2 for 1 deal on the waterpark, we went back on Wednesday. It was pretty much, the same as the previous day, but we did try a different area of the park. When we went to get in the water with Morgan's water wings, they told us to get out. Evidentally we could not be in there with those on her arms. To say the least, that was frustrating. I then tried to get her interested in the tadpole bay area, however, she did not like the water spraying, even lightly, on her - argh!!! She just wanted to head back to the wave pool. So we did. We packed up everything and moved. She and I enjoyed most of the day in there. She just loves the waves. At one point I had taken Addy in as well. She enjoyed it too! Addy loves the water....well, I think most babies do. If ever she is in a bad mood, if I run her bath and put her in, she is all smiles. She loves it!

I was itchin' to try out some slides - although the guilt of leaving the kids behind is so great, I was able to try out a couple with my dad. **On a side note, do you ever feel like when you do things with your dad, people might think your a couple? I don't know, my dad had said that once, so now everytime we do something together, that what I imagine people are thinking....it is probably just the enemy working though.** Anyway, the first one we went down, and by the way these were on huge rafts for 4-5 people, was in my opinion boring, but then I do desire to have my life flash before my eyes so say something is exciting....sad, I know. The other one we went on, I made my dad go twice, was called dark voyage. Now, the first time it was hugely exciting, b/c it was pitch black inside and you had no idea what was coming up next - I loved it! The second time, just wasn't the same....almost....yeah, boring. So that was it, that was all I could get him to do with me and truth be told, it was okay, I was thankful to be able to just go!

Thursday, we decided to take the girls to the Wisconsin Deer Park, which was fun! If you have never been I recommend you go if you get the chance. When else are you able to come face to face with a deer, besides your windshield? The deer are very friendly, but still easily spooked. You get to feed them and pet them. They are in a large open area with trees. So they roam freely. Some still had the velvet on their antlers. They feel really cool and did you know they are actually like a finger? They have blood running through them and are warm, that is until the shed the velvet part, which bleeds and then reveals the bone like part of the antlers we commonly see. Morgan had fun and I think Addy did to. She loves to be strollered (morgan never did) and outdoors. A couple times some deer came noes to noes with her and she was a little spooked I think!

We had a good time, but I really enjoyed getting back to a normal routine too. The weather up here has been absolutely wonderful - praise you Father, you are so good. I am looking forward to fall and a change of events in our lives! Morgan starts school the 8th! We are excited for her as she is too! More to come in the future!

0 comments: