Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What We Have Been Doing This Summer - Part I

Where in the world have I been all summer??? To say the least, this summer has been crazy!! Absolutely crazy! I have had such a hard time keeping up with my friends and I feel awful about that – so let me say first I am sorry for being so distant this summer. I truly miss and love everyone who are each so important in my life! I am relieved to finally have normalcy!

My spring/summer began with the knowledge of our second child on the way! At first, life was going along like nothing had changed. And then about the 6 th or 7th week all of a sudden I was sicker than I have ever been in my life. I have never experienced anything so terrible before. I felt dead to the world and struggled to function. I believe that what I experienced must be the horrible nausea that cancer patients go through during chemo treatments. In fact, when I spoke to my doctor about how I was feeling and trying to take care of my 2 year old at the time, she prescribed me an anti-nausea medicine that is prescribed for cancer patients! What irony! However, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Plus it was so expensive, that I only had a portion of it filled and would take it when I really needed help getting through the day. It truly seemed like this would never end during that time in my life, but right around the 14 week mark and 7 lbs lighter, I started feeling better. I still didn’t have much of an appetite, but just having that relief was such a blessing. I obviously feel for those in a whole new way who have suffered through cancer treatments. My heart goes out to everyone who has been there or is now. I ask that Jesus be your hope and strengthener. Please comfort each one Lord.

I plan to add new additions everyday until I have finished the scope of my summer. And as many of you know, I can't help but writing a book when I do write. So here is the first little blurb, starting my summer off! Look for my new addition tomorrow!

LADIES OPENNING DAY
During this time, Kyle and I also worked on putting together the ladies opening day event/fashion show. Well, I worked on the fashion show and he was my wonderful assistant anyway. His big job, was the actual opening golf event - of course, since that is what he was hired to do! I picked out outfits, coordinated models and fittings, put together a huge line sheet for ordering and notes for our MC on the brand, outfit and specific details. We spent most of the day the Monday (our day off) before setting up and displaying our clothing and merchandise for the show on Tuesday. Needless to say it was a huge undertaking, a great success and so much fun! We are of course looking to next year to do it much bigger and better!

1 comments:

Jami said...

Hey Taylor - I hope things can slow down for you! And I am so glad to hear that you are finally feeling better. That must have been terrible!!!! Love you!