Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Post Office Incident

I will never go to the post office in Morton Grove ever again unless: 1.) Morgan is old enough not to be recognized or 2.) I have changed my hair style and she is not with me.

We have been having behavior issues with Morgan - as I am sure that most parents do with children of this age group - 2 1/2. I think about what people say about having a second child, you have probably heard it, that they are usually worst than the first. Well if that is to hold true, Morgan will be an only child! Today has to be the most embarrassing moment in all my life with her. I needed to go to the post office in the worst way today. My girlfriends birthday was last Friday as in the 16th and me being the aweful friend I am, has not gotten her birthday present in the mail yet! Plus I need to mail another couple pieces to another girlfriend that she requested I pick up for her for one of her friend's birthdays in April, which I needed to mail before we left for Canada! Please tell me that there are others of you out there who are as bad as I am when it comes to getting things done - I need support. So I really felt that I had to get this done today.

We were standing in line, as it seems we have been doing all day today, when she began playing on the heating vent that ran along the window. Now if it wasn't for the metal railing running above it about 3 ft higher she probably would never have even bothered. Admittedly, my hands were full with all these items and her Dora backpack, so I asked her to please get down three times, to which she ignored. It wasn't as if I really thought that she would listen, but like God does, I was giving her the choice to behave. Wrongly, I ignored it all while I felt the holy spirit inside of me telling me to pick her up, but like the sinful person I am, I ignored. Father, forgive me please. I figured, if I picked her up with all this in my hands she was sure to throw a fit. As we turned to corner I approached the lady behind the counter as Morgan began to scream! I told her she was going to have to come over here and just throw her fit. Well, I got what I asked for and more. She began throwing herself on the ground screaming her head off to the point people were starring at me and making comments all while I was busily trying to get all the packages together and addressed. I couldn't exactly walk out because I hadn't paid yet for the packages I had grabbed to use...so we stayed. I am glad I didn't take a shower this morning before running my errands because if i had, I would have had a second one in sweat! On a side note: My deodorant broke off today into a hundred pieces so, one pit was "fresh," while the other was not so (see Jami's blog, live, laugh, love for the inside on this). Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I was done and we left. I am sure they threw a "going away party."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hate moments like these. I used to see "incidents" such as that and be like "oh, when I'm a mom, I'll never..." Well too often, I have become the mom that I judged in the past. "Come here girls...I mean it...I'm not going to say it again...if you disobey again you're going to get....okay here take some candy and be quiet!!!!" :) Probably the other mom's in there where just thinking...I've been there! :) Love you!!