Sunday, December 10, 2006

Too Quiet....Awe peace!

It is very quiet around here..... As I am eating my lunch this Sunday afternoon and after arriving home from church to an empty house, each time my fork hits my plate I expectantly wait for some barking in the background, but all is quiet. Almost erie, and as if I have gone back to a different place in time. And so I think about my life, and how things were back before Ellie, then Roxie and finally Morgan. What on earth did I ever do with my time??? And as I contemplate what to do right now with an empty house, I am perplexed by the many options....should I do some last minute shopping, put together my christmas letter, or forget it all and just be at peace with my Savior and King? I think I will relax...

You may be wondering where on earth is her family? Did she leave the doors wide open to let them wonder out??? Did she lose her mind and sell them to the lowest bidder? Not Yet! It is the day before Kyle and I leave to go down to Orlando, FL for a PGA Ambassador program trip (don't ask, just go with me on this - it is free time for me to spend with God for 3 days - and time for Kyle to be wined and dined and play golf). So in short, everyone has been shipped off in anticipation for our early departure Monday morning and I have a few free hours! But I can't get over how my body wants to be reactive in anticipation of the day to day small events in my life, such as the dogs barking at my fork hitting the plate because they think an intruder is invading our house.... (I mean come on what are they really going to do??? All I know is Roxie will be armed with pee, as the intruder looks at her weird and she rolls over as a foutain of urine sings praises to someone who might pet her - trust me I know! Crazy dog....) So anyway, off to do nothing!!!!

1 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

Sounds wonderful! Quiet House all to yourself - a gift if you ask me! Hope your trip to Orlando was relaxing and you enjoyed your time away.