Monday, December 18, 2006

Unexpected Blessings

I love when God does this! This past Monday, Kyle and I flew out to Orlando, FL. Now, we often live on two different schedules and sometimes they don't get communicated as well as they should, which is actually what makes this blessing so special. I didn't realize we had a trip to Orlando scheduled until about a week and a half before we left. I didn't really know what it would be like or what kind of hotel we would be staying at - in short I had no expectations. I did however, have an itinerary that outlined what he would be doing and when I would be invited to join in. Basically this trip was hosted by the PGA Ambassador program in which they had invited Kyle to become a part of earlier this fall. He ran it by me at that time and I was like that sounds interesting, do it. The whole idea of this trip is that they fly him down, pay for his meals and accomodations, he plays the golf course and attends an hour and a half business meeting in the morning. Once golf is over he is free until dinner, when the spouses/significant others join in. For the spouses/significant others, we get dinner and had a gift certificate for one spa treatment of our choice. So, I figured we would go down, he would be gone until about 2pm and I would sit by the pool, read, relax, and workout by myself and join him later. The whole purpose of the trip is to experience the resort in hopes that it will become a golf destination that the pros will recommend to their members.

So this is what actually happened: At about 11:30 am, we checked into this hotel that was absolutely gorgeous, with awesome veiws of the landscaped poolS and golf course, in which I was blown away. Our room wasn't ready yet so they took our phone number and we went down by the pool to have some lunch while we waited. After lunch we checked in and actually took a cat nap and then got up and we went down to the fitness room to work out. At 6:30 pm we attended the welcoming dinner and that's where we meet some phenomenal people! The dinner was fabulous, although it started as fine dining portions, Kyle and I were thinking "we'll be ordering some room service later", but ended up with a nice sized veal chop, potatoes, and greens. The next morning I had remembered one of the girls room numbers and so called her to see if she wanted to get some breakfast before we worked out later that morning, and after finding one of the other girls room numbers we all met up for breakfast. All I can say is that it was a wonderful experience, more than I could have imagined and beyond anything I expected! God knew exactly what I had been longing for - and that was some meaningful conversation and girl time! We bonded and enjoyed one another's company immensly. It was as if we had been friends for years - there was never in my mind an akward moment of silence! It was just something so unusal to see and quite an unexpected blessing! God is so faithful to provide our every need, even ones we haven't asked for. I am so thankful for those women and the time we were able to share!

2 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

Taylor - That is so great - unexpected blessings are such a, well, blessing! Florida sun sounds very nice right now! We are heading down in January, but already Mya is asking if we can go NOW. She can't wait to fly in an airplane and swim in the pool - as she says, "That will be so fun"
Anyway, thanks for the post - Merry Christmas!

kkoois said...

that sounds absolutely wonderful! glad to hear you had such a great time with some new friends. and i'm sure you and kyle enjoyed a little time away for just the two of you.