Friday, March 02, 2007

You want me to pay what??? For that???


Ok, so Kyle and I have started the home shopping process and I realize that your dollar certainly doesn't go nearly as far in Chicago as it does in most normal places. So what do you think this home is worth? Take your best shot! It will shock you! In fact, you might want to sit down.... Would you pay $150k? How about $300k? Me either but what about over a 1/2 million? How about 549K? Yep, I can't believe it either!?!?!? What has this world come too? Can you believe that some one would actually ask that for a dump like this??? The inside - oh watch out - it is seriously scary! And to make matters worse ok, this home is sitting on one of the busiest 4 lane roads in this town! Now you still gaging??? Or have you fallen over from a massive heart attack yet?
Needless to say "sticker shock" is beyond the actual meaning. I am stunned at what the prices of houses are...I can't get over it. Everytime I pull up realtor.com I guess I am expecting to see a revelation or something. But, to my dismay it never seems to happen.... How will we ever afford to live here? And you know what makes me even more sick? Is when I see these ugly little sad houses being bull dozed only to errect a massive mansion on top of it! And I wonder why the prices of house soar???? It gets worse too....there is this nice community where the glenview air naval base used to be that is gorgeous, but there isn't a home in there for less than a million. How sick??? There are tons and tons of these extremely overpriced houses - everywhere. What the heck to people do for a living???? Are they morgaged to the max? Because I refuse to be house poor. What is even more sad is that there are hundreds of these huge mansions out by Lake Michigan - huge - gigantic - gargantuan - what do they cost? Who the heck lives there? What on earth do they do for a living? Talk about culture shock. My small little bubble has been burst.....and I am sad....I just want a place to call home.

1 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

Taylor - I remember being blown away by real estate prices when we lived up in Chicago (and that was a few years ago). I remember one place in our neighborhood - it wasn't bad looking, but it seemed small and had NO yard - it was listed somewhere between 500,000 and 600,000. I don't know how people pay for it! Good luck with your search! Something is bound to turn up.

See you soon at HAH,
Megan