Friday, March 23, 2007

Kind of Like Going to a Mini Zoo...


To get out of the house for a while, Wednesday, Morgan and I decided (okay I decided) to go to Petco to look at the animals. Petco in my opinion has the best selection of animals to gaze at followed by Petsmart and then Pets Supplies Plus (which hardly has any - not really worth the trip). I know this because after we spent an hour in Petco we decided (yes, I) to go checkout what Pet Supplies Plus had. I have to admit, we had a hard time finding the pets and I almost decided to just go home. However, the store is set up in such a way that you are directed all the way down aisle one, before you are permitted to enter anywhere else in the store. They must have all those impluse items there.... Anyway, after our disappointment, we (still I) decided to go to Petsmart. And low and behold the never often seen, mysterious, pet of all pets was starring us in the face. Of course Morgan says, "mommy, what's that?" To which she asks another 3 times before I can explain! It was a baby chinchilla!!! Okay, so maybe not a "baby," but in Morgan's world everything is a baby_______. Have you ever seen one of those critters? They are quite interesting to watch. I wonder does God say the same thing about some of us???

Here are some of the animals we saw, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, rats (in all varieties - don't ask!), mice (they were actually cute - did you know they come in apriocot??? Me either!), hamsters, birds or all varieties (yes, that one was easy), fish of all sorts (fresh & salt water), turtles, lizards, snakes, spiders (I wish God had never made them, but what do I know they are useful for something - couldn't they have at least not been so ugly?), cats, and many other things! Why pay to go to the zoo when you can spend a couple hours going to pet stores and seeing all the wonderful (strike the spiders) animals? We had so much fun and the best part...Morgan hugged me all loved on me when we left because she was so happy to see all the pets!

1 comments:

kkoois said...

i think you may have something here. seeing all kinds of animals and not paying anything. you should have posted this before i bought my zoo membership! :)