Wednesday, April 26, 2006

"Big Girl" Bed Take 2!



Well, I have found out why toddler beds are probably a good investment! Through our journey of "converting" the crib into a toddler daybed - I have found that Morgan has probably spent more time sleeping on the floor than her new and improved "big girl" bed. She would just roll off onto the floor and I would find her before I went to bed, underneath the crib. The picture somehow told me that she rolled off onto the pillows, that I had so carefully and strategically placed on the floor by the crib, and down to the side of the pillows to land in a nice peaceful pile under the crib. Like a murder scene - only the weapon was the bed, the dead body a undistrubed sleeping little girl and the chalk line would journey up onto the pillows and back down underneath the crib. You might be wondering how that could happen with that blue bed rail??? My whiz kid pretty much showed me that having that bed rail, wasn't going to work. She would grab hold of it and shake the living crap out of it! And even though it didn't budge - it worried me too much about the new things she might discover to do with it.

Of course once we got it home I had to put it together right away to test on her afternoon nap before the big sleep tonight. In the process of putting it together I learned that it was helpful if you did it a couple times - First a practice run to get an idea of how it will look. You don't want this one to be the correct way - just in case you don't like it and want to take it apart again. Then the second time, if you like it, you read the directions, you get the rails on the right side (there are two very small holes that are easy to miss, but this might fall under the idiotic mother's small group). And that my friends is why you need a practice run!

1 comments:

Taylor said...

I have always been funny sis; you are just always overshadowing the wittier of the two of us!!! In all honesty, I believe God has blessed me in the written communication and you in the oral!