Tuesday, December 05, 2006

No Nap, No Tears

Lately, I have been having problems with my little angel taking naps. I don't know why but at 2 yrs old she insists that she doesn't need a nap. Thankfully for me, my thyroid has been better. So again today after some repeaded attempts at putting Morgan down for a nap, I finally have come to an agreement with her. It's really quite simple - I told her that if she crys at all, she WILL be taking a nap. As I put out my hand to her to offer to shake on the deal, as if a 2 yr knows what that is???, I said expectantly "Deal?" at which she slung back "No Deal, Mommy!" What!?!?! I think someone's been watching too much TV...

Irregardless of her "no deal" remark, it has seemed to work all day. Although it is quite exhausting to feel like you never get to take a break, it certainly seemed to be working! Whenever she felt like throwing a fit the rest of the day, all I had to do is remind her that if she crys she takes a nap. Of course, she is much to smart for this to last long and I am not quick to come up with new material. I just pray that is will hold for awhile...

2 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

She's a funny kid! Have you ever tried the concept of "quiet time"? I tell Mya she doesn't have to take a nap, but she does have to stay in her room. I load her up with books, puzzles, etc. Usually she falls asleep - but that is her choice. It doesn't work if they won't stay in their room - but it might be worth a try. It was good to see new posts - glad your back!

kkoois said...

good luck with that! i think the quiet time is a great idea!