Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Power of Kitty Kat Treats!

Hold on, No, I am not feeding my child cat food! No, what I have discovered is the power of bribing a 2 year old! As you may not know, I have no formal training on raising kids (okay so most parents don't) or any kind of resource to fall back on, as I never really cared much for kids. I don't know what makes them tick, especially when they start leaking for no good reason! I know how that sounds, but I just was never interested in kids, so I am learning on the job as a mom.

Recently, as usual, I was having difficulties with getting Morgan ready for daycare. We were battling, again, with her independent spirit (why doesn't she just give up? Oh yeah, that would be easy, and God said this life wouldn't be - awe...). Then I remembered some Hello Kitty fruit snacks that her and Kyle had picked up the night before at the grocery store - he is always letting her choose what to get at the store, which is very cute, but hey what does a 2 year old know anyway??? So, I told her that if she came downstairs and put her pants on she could have a kitty kat treat. H-o-l-y cow! I have never seen anyone put pants on that quick in all my life!!! Of course, then for the next couple weeks she was working like a slave for that illusive kitty kat treat. Since then, it has lost some of it's luster, but I am sure I will come up with something new - stay tuned!

0 comments: